Headless checkout is the future of e-commerce! Is it possible you've never heard of this technology? If that's the case, read on to get acquainted with this exciting innovation, designed to make shopping seamless.
What is a headless checkout?
Headless checkout is a bit of a technical term but it simply means being able to checkout anywhere. It is also called invisible or decoupled checkout. With headless checkout, checkout is independent of a business’ online store or page.
By separating the checkout and payment experiences from online stores, headless checkout enables shoppers to make purchases from nearly anywhere. This way, customers can buy a product instantly from a review, promotional email, a sponsored article, an Instagram post, and any other digital channel; or by using a QR code or payment link.
How does headless commerce work?
Headless commerce separates the front-end (what your customers see) from the back-end (where your data and business information live). Merchandising, payment processing, checkout, and other sales functions are normally handled by your backend. The front-end is in charge of the interface with which your customer interacts on your site or wherever they shop. The two operate independently of one another but communicate via APIs or other connecting software.
With traditional e-commerce, both the backend and frontend are screwed shut and combined. However, with headless, both ends are decoupled so they can be developed independently and later recombined into the final product. Businesses can use this technology to create their own unique customer experience or branded front-end. Such unique experiences could include embedding QR codes in TV adverts so that consumers can buy instantly.
Difference between headless checkout and other forms of checkout
Headless checkout has a number of benefits over the other forms of checkout out there, including being faster, more secure and more flexible.
Where traditional e-commerce approaches have involved putting everything in one place – cart, checkout and anything else related to the buying process – headless e-commerce separates those functions. This allows each function to work independently, without relying on other parts of the system. The result is a faster, more seamless and streamlined buying process for consumers and merchants alike.
Why should I use the OurPass headless checkout?
Headless checkout is a new technology that has the potential to revolutionise e-commerce, offering more benefits than just making the customer's buying experience better. OurPass offers your customers the ability to buy your products using QR codes and Payment links. The following are some of the ways OurPass’ headless checkout can improve your e-commerce business:
- Increased conversion rates: Shoppers who abandon their carts frequently do so because of a shopping cart that doesn’t perform well or has too many steps during the checkout process. Headless checkout eliminates these issues by streamlining the checkout process and giving shoppers an easy way to complete their purchases.
- Improve the customer experience: You can offer your customers a seamless checkout experience that is consistent with your brand identity.
- Create a unique checkout experience: A headless integration allows you to customise the appearance and behaviour of your checkout page to give it a special look and feel.
- Offer more payment options: Traditional payment options are okay. However, implementing headless checkout not only provides customers with ease but also provides them with more payment options to choose from.
- Reduced cart abandonment: Customers don't have to enter their credit card information each time they want to complete a purchase. It is all saved on their OurPass account which greatly helps to reduce cases of cart abandonment.
The concept of headless checkout can seem a bit complicated and complex to build. This is why OurPass is here to help you do the heavy lifting. With our simple guides, and world-class developers you are a few minutes away from providing your customers with a better, faster, more secure checkout experience. Improve your business today, sign up with OurPass!